Trust is important to us and to our readers, we want to be transparent and highlight the different ways the website generates money.
We earn money on this site through:
- Display Advertisements
- Affiliate commissions
- Advertising partnerships
We participate in the Google Adsense program, where as a website publisher, we earn a percentage of revenue for displaying ads from the Adsense Network.
We also participate in different affiliate programs, including Commission Junction Affiliate Marketing Network and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program.
Commission Junction Affiliate Marketing Network that allows us to earn commissions by linking to different sites within the Commission Junction network. What we recommend are products that we believe in or in some instances, have used.
Amazon Services LLC Associates Program is an affiliate advertising program that allows us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon.com and other affiliated sites. The products we recommend and receive affiliate commissions from are all products that we believe in or in some instances, have used.
Welcome to Backlinko.com. By using one of our websites (“Site”), you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which together with our Privacy Notice govern the relationship between you and Backlinko LLC (“Backlinko”), provider of the Site, in your use of the Site. The terms “Provider” or “us” or “we” refer to the owner of the Site, Backlinko. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our Site.
- The content of the pages of the Site and information available on the Site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Your use of any information or materials on the Provider Site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this Site meet your specific requirements.
- Additionally, by accessing and using our Site, you agree to be bound by the terms found in our Privacy Notice which can be accessed below.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are the property of Provider and/or other parties. You are prohibited from using any Marks for any purpose including, but not limited to use as metatags on other pages or Sites on the World Wide Web without the written permission of Provider or such third party which may own the Marks. All information and content located on the Site is protected by copyright. You are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any Content available on or through the Site for commercial or public purposes. Unauthorized use of the Provider Site may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- This Site may provide links to other Sites by allowing you to leave this Site to access third-party material or by bringing third-party material into this Site via “inverse” hyperlinks and framing technology (a “Linked Site”). Provider has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on a linked Site. The fact that Provider has provided a link to a Site is not an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation with respect to such Site, its owners, or its providers. There are inherent risks in relying upon, using or retrieving any information found on the internet, and Provider urges you to make sure you understand these risks before relying upon, using, or retrieving any such information on a linked Site.
- Unless otherwise specifically stated, all content, products and services on the Site, or obtained from a Site to which the Site is linked (a “linked Site”) are provided to you “AS IS” without warranty of any kind either express or implied including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, security or accuracy.
- Provider does not endorse and is not responsible for (a) the accuracy or reliability of an opinion, advice or statement made through the Site by any party other than Provider, (b) any content provided on linked Sites or (c) the capabilities or reliability of any product or service obtained from a linked Site. Other than as required under applicable consumer protection law, under no circumstance will Provider be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through the Site or a linked Site, or your reliance on any product or service obtained from a linked Site. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any opinion, advice or other content available through the Site, or obtained from a linked Site. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific opinion, advice, product, service, or other content.
- The information, software, products and descriptions of services published on the Site or a linked Site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors, and Provider specifically disclaims any liability for such inaccuracies or errors. Provider does not warrant or represent that the content on the Site is complete or up-to-date. Provider is under no obligation to update the content on the Site. Provider may change the content on the Site at any time without notice. Provider may make improvements or changes to the Site at any time.
- You agree that Provider, its affiliates and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, or agents will not be liable, whether in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, for any indirect, punitive, special, consequential, incidental or indirect damages (including without limitation lost profits, cost of procuring substitute service or lost opportunity) arising out of or in connection with the delay or inability to use the Site or a linked Site, or with the delay or inability to use the Site or a lined Site, even if Provider is made aware of the possibility of such damages. This limitation on liability includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any viruses which may infect your equipment, failure of mechanical or electronic equipment or communication lines, telephone or interconnect problems (e.g., you cannot access your internet service provider), unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, strikes or other labor problems or any force majeure. Provider cannot and does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Site.
- The Provider may contract with other companies or individuals in order to provide you services. You agree that the Provider cannot be held liable for any actions or inactions of any contractor used by the Provider in connection with providing you services.
- It is your exclusive obligation to maintain and control passwords to your account. You are exclusively responsible for all activities that occur in connection with your user name and password. You agree to immediately notify Provider of any unauthorized uses of your user name and password or any other breaches of security. Provider will not be liable for any loss or damages of any kind, under any legal theory, caused by your failure to comply with the foregoing security obligations or caused by any person to whom you grant access to your account.
- Your use of the Provider Site and any dispute arising out of such use of the Site is subject to the laws of the State of Massachusetts, United States of America and applicable federal law without regard to conflicts of laws principles. You agree that you will first attempt to resolve any concern or issue with the Provider or with the use of this website by communicating fully your concern with the Provider. Should communication with the Provider not resolve your concern or issue, you agree to submit your concern or issue to the courts of the State of Massachusetts, Suffolk County, within one year of the dispute arising. You also agree that the successful party in any court action will be entitled to payment of its reasonable attorney fees involved in reaching a final order.
- Without limitation on any of our other rights or remedies at law, in equity or under these Terms, we may terminate your license to use these Services, in whole or in part, including your right to use any Products, without providing any refund or cancelling your obligation to make installment payments where applicable, if we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have breached or violated any of the provisions of these Terms. This includes, but is not limited to, any rude, harassing or other damaging statements that are made on any of the Provider’s websites directed to any other customers of the Provider.
- The total aggregate liability of Provider arising from or related to your use of Provider’s services, from all theories of liability and all causes of action, shall in no case exceed the total amount of fees actually received by Provider from you in the 6 months preceding your claim.
- You shall indemnify and hold harmless Provider against any third party claim arising from or related to your use of Provider’s services.
- Provider may assign this agreement without your consent in whole or in part at its sole discretion.
- By continuing to use Site, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or over.
1. User Consent
Types of Data We Collect
- We collect and store the information you provide to us through your use of the Site, including, for example:
- We may collect information from you, such as your first name, last name, and email address when you sign up to receive our emails and downloadable files.
- We may collect information from you, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, password, and other profile information when you create an account to log in to our platforms (an “Account”). We may also retain information on your behalf, such as files that you store using your Account.
- We may collect your email address if you choose to provide us with it in an application or in connection with use of one of our products.
- We may collect information from you, such as your first and last name, email, mailing address, and reservation information, when you submit a reservation for a product.
- When you order our product(s), we (and/or our third party payment processors) will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information, and shipping information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- When you make postings on the message boards of our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- Information Collected Automatically via Technology
- To make our Site more useful to you, we may automatically collect information from you as you browse our Site, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, referring URL, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- You may opt in to tracking using cookies via the banner presented on the Site on your first visit. Declining cookies will not affect the functionality of the Site for you.
- Collected Information Retention Period
- Personal information will be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose for which it has been collected.
- Personal information collected for the purposes of Ace Media’s legitimate interests as outlined in this policy shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes.
- We may be allowed to retain your personal information for a longer period whenever you have given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, we may be obliged to retain your personal information for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
- Once the retention period expires, your personal information will be deleted. The right to withdraw consent to data collection cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
- Third Party Data Collection
- Third parties that provide us with analytics or other services for the Site may also automatically collect some of the information described above, including, for example, IP address, access times, browser type and language, pages and products viewed, device type, device identifiers, and Wi-Fi information. Please consult individual applications’ or products’ privacy policies for more information on data collection, use, and sharing.
- Subject to subsection (b) above, other third parties, including advertisers, ad measurement services, and ad networks, may also automatically collect information about you through the Site, including information about your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, online channels, and applications when you use our services. These third parties may use web beacons or cookies on our Site.
- Some third parties, such as Google, may also collect information for online advertising purposes and to provide us and others statistics about users of the Site.
- Third Party Services in Use
- Interaction with external social networks and platforms
- Remarketing and behavioral targeting
- Facebook Remarketing
- Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
- Tag Management
- Google Tag Manager
- Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads on third party websites, you may opt-out as indicated below. Please note this does not necessarily opt you out of being delivered advertising. You may continue to receive generic ads. You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page. Google has additional information available about their Remarketing Privacy Guidelines and Restrictions. You may view a list of other third party service providers who collect information, and/or opt-out of such collection of information about you, by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or https://youradchoices.com/.
- Cookies and Web Beacons
We also use third party advertisements on https://www.aithority.com/. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including IP address, ISP, the browser used to visit our site, or if the user has Flash installed. This is used, in some cases, for geo-targeting purposes (showing ads based on the user’s geographic location) or showing certain ads on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
- DoubleClick DART cookies
We also may use DART cookies to serve ads through Google’s DoubleClick. A cookie is placed on your computer when you are browsing the web and when you visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements), this cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests (”interest based targeting”).
The ads served are based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about CRM, you may see CRM provider advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as a sports site). DART uses “non Personally Identifiable Information”. It does NOT track personal information such as name, email, physical address, telephone, social security, bank account or credit card numbers.
You can opt-out of this ad serving on all sites using this advertising by visiting http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off cookies in your browser settings, or by changing the preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, like forums and accounts.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
- Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
- Your Consent
- Contacting Us